Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Fall Fun and Some "Trick and Treat"

Things have finally slowed down this past week and we are all settled in our new home. It took Presley a few days, 5 to be exact, to make the transition from the old house to the new house. She did not like the idea of moving and let me know it just about every minute of every day......"I don't like this house, I don't want to move anymore, I want to go home." It was actually quite heart breaking, but as of today she loves her new home ;o) I have a lot of catching up to do on my blog, but just don't seem to have the time! So, I thought I would just throw all of the fun fall stuff we have been doing into one post ;o)We had Presley's fall party at her school a few weeks ago and it was lots of fun. Initially, I signed up to "help out" at a few of the class parties, but for some reason I am now the one who has been put "in charge" of heading up these class parties. grrrr. Thank goodness for pinterest because I am also the only one who initially signed up to "help out" for teacher appreciation week and now I have been asked to head it up. Double grrrrrr......being on the receiving end of things was so much nicer ;o) ha!On Halloween day, I took Presley around the block for some trick or treating. Joey and his friends were finishing up moving some of our boxes over to the new house so it was just me and Presley. I planned on putting Presley in her candy corn costume, but she decided that she wanted to wear her bumble bee costume. As soon as I put her in it she ran to the mirror in my room and looked at herself for several minutes.When I took her into the backyard to get a few pictures of her all dressed up she started running around the yard yelling, "I'm a bee, I'm a bumble bee, bzzzzzzzzz."I was so sad that Joey missed out on Halloween this year because it was the first year that Presley was really excited about trick or treating. She would knock on the door and say, "trick and treat." Before we left home, I told her to be polite and to always say thank you. After she got her first piece of candy she said thank you to every one who passed her way. We went all the way around the block and she never got tired! She would walk down the sidewalk repeating to herself, "I'm a bee. A bumble bee. I wuv trick and treat."
Oh man, this child just has my heart ;o)

1 comment:

Karin said...

Too cute! Man, I remember going to Micah's fall party in Preschool - it's so amazing how quickly they grow up...good grief. So glad you're settling into the new house! Hope it turns out to be a wonderful home for you guys!