Wednesday, September 7, 2011

It's All Very Pinteresting ;o)

I know I've talked about Pinterest before and even though it is somewhat addictive I still think it is a great tool. I love it because you can share boards with others. I have a lot of friends who are homeschooling k-1 right now. I often get lots of questions about activities I used to do with my first graders and sometimes it's hard to "share those activities" with just words. Pinterest allows for me to share first grade activities we used to do in the classroom with those moms who have asked me for ideas.

The other thing I like about Pinterest is that it acts as a wealth of information! Joey and I are usually pretty organized, but sometimes it's hard to put things in perspective. Pinterest has great organizational ideas.....many of them being things you could use around the house to help manage your organization. I actually have a pin board called, "why didn't I think of that!" Right before we put our house on the market I set aside a week of organizing. My plan was to do an organization activity called, "30 bags in 30 days." While I started off with a similar plan in mind it quickly turned to "40 bags in 7 days." I organized every small space known to mankind in our house and then moved on to the larger spaces. I got rid of everything that had not been used within the past year. It felt great to get rid of all the "stuff" that had just been sitting around waiting to be used! I threw more than half of the "stuff" away while giving the other fourth to goodwill. One of the great things about all of this organizing was that it got our house ready to show and sell! Joey had already organized our garage, master closet, and attic back in Spring so I really only had to worry about the inside of the house....which was nice. ;o) I organized everything with a quick move in mind so our whole attic is filled with plastic boxes. That way, they can be easily moved from one actic to the next. Here is a picture of the hall closet I organized. It's not as cute as the ones I pinned, but it gets the job done. ;o) I wont bore you with my 20 organized pictures, but I am quite proud of these two closets as they were the very worst!!!!



This is the guest closet...I am too embarrassed to show the before pictures...on any of them! lol. I grabbed a closet organizer in the dollar spot at Target a few weeks ago and I use it to put all of my craft stuff in it and all of Prelsey's tot school activities in........another idea that came from pinterest.


Tomorrow I will post about the Blessed to Bless bags some of my friends from Bible Study and I got together to do while Presley was in pre-school the other day. This fabulous idea is all over pinterest right now. So many people are doing it and once we brought it up at Bible Study we decided we should all just get together to do it. You can click here if you are wondering what it is. ;o) We came up with a verse and then I made some "Blessed to Bless" tags for the bags we put together. I will try to post them on here tomorrow.

1 comment:

Karin said...

Love your closets! I have pictures that I've cut out from my Country Living magazine that looks so similar to your first picture of how to organize the linen closet - I just never get around to it, but when I do, I have the picture to show me how!