Glory be, I found a place for Presley to attend pre-school at this fall. Originally, I was not going to put her in a Mother's Day Out program, but after talking to her teachers at Moppets and Bible Study I have decided that she would benefit from a little social time. Right now we do many activities, but she tends to attach herself to the teachers rather than the kids....she almost seems "frightened" of the other kids. I have also noticed this during Gymboree. So I think a few days a week of socializing will be good for her....and me! ;o)
Originally, we started out at Lakeland Christian Academy in Lewisville. However, it ended up being a bit of a drive and the days were going to be a little bit longer than I had originally anticipated. So, about a month ago I set out to find a Mother's Day Out program for Presley. I ended up being a bit more picky than I had anticipated. I had no idea it was going to be so hard for me to find a place. I think I had in mind what kind of atmosphere and learning environment I wanted for Presley and nothing was lining up with that mindset.
One of the girls down the street from us recommended DKH Academy a few months ago, but I just never had the time to set up a visit. Finally, 3 weeks ago, I set up a time for us to visit it. As soon as I walked in the doors I knew it was the place for Presley....the learning environment, the facility, the outdoor program, the teachers, the schedule, almost everything fit Presley's personality and temperament. When we visited one of the classrooms she didn't hide her head in my shoulders or bury her face in her hands. She walked around and talked with the other children. It was so great to see. It is NAEYC accredited and I noticed that they use the same curriculum that I have been using with Presley, as well as, the Handwriting Without Tears program. :-) I was thrilled!! I was so thrilled that I actually asked the director about teaching opportunities...unfortunately for me, the teacher turnover rate is very low. Presley will only be attending on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-12, but this will still allow me to get out and run errands, go to future dr appointments if I need to, have brunch dates with friends, etc. I am very excited about her attending DKH Academy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Very awesome! Sounds like a great place!!
Post a Comment