Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Mind of Her Own!

Presley's Nana Burda got her a trunk full of dress up clothes at a great garage sale about a year ago. She stored it for Presley in her house until this past December when she gave it to Presley for Christmas. Since, we have slowly been adding to her collection of things and now she has accumulated quite a little stash. Just within the past couple of months Presley has begun to play dress-up. She has also started to dabble in make-believe play....which, most likely, she picked up from observing her cousin Reid.
On Friday Presley came out of her room with her sunglasses on and a tutu in hand. She waned me to help her put on her tutu, gloves, bracelets, etc. It was funny because I wanted to put her in the purple tutu and she wanted the pink one. I wanted to put her in a cute little pink shirt and she wanted to wear the t-shirt she had on. She knows words like...I want these one, it's too big, it's too small. So, when I gave her the purple tutu she responded with, "I want these one (the pink one). When I put the pink shirt on her she pulled at it and said, "too small." When I put her birthday crown on her she threw it off and said, "it's too big!"
So with all of that said....this is what she ended up with. *sigh* I have come to learn, just within the past few days, that my daughter has a mind of her own and an opinion about everything....a very strong one! eek! Things change so quickly.

2 comments:

Karin said...

Love the outfit!

momofcooper said...

LOL LOL LOL. i LOVE LOVE LOVE the outfit!!