
My little reader. :-) I have been reading to Presley since I brought her home from the hospital. She loves to read. She loves to choose the books we are going to read and then turn the pages. I put a box of books in our living room and I will often find her quietly sitting in the corner looking through a book. Her favorite books are the ones that are small enough to hold in her hands. I love this because I was never a big reader as a child...I would start reading and by the time I was half way finished I would know exactly what I was going to do the next day, but would have no idea what the book was about. lol....daydreamer. :-) I also love teaching little ones to read and write. I think it's the reason I focused so much on teaching 1st grade. I have found, there is no bigger jump as from kindergarten to first grade. Most first graders come in as beginner readers (if even that) and leave reading chapter books. Others come in barely knowing how to write and leave as beautiful poets. I just love, love, love to see the growth that goes on in first grade. I started collecting children's books when I was in College and from there I have collected boxes and boxes. Here are my favorite books that would leave my first graders "rolling on the floor in laughter"... to me there is no sweeter sound than a classroom filled with 22 different laughs ;-) and since they never found me very amusing I relied on a good book to get them laughing.
Officer Buckle and Gloria
Bark, George
Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus
Fluffy'sValentine's Day
Dear Mrs. LaRue: Letters From Obedience School
Click, Clack Moo: Cows that Type
Miss Mary Mack
The True Story of the Three Little Pigs
To Market, To Market
Mooseltoe
"Froggy" & "Amelia Bedelia" books
No comments:
Post a Comment