Thursday, June 24, 2010

Our Visit to San Antonio

First off, thank you to my sweet friend, Melissa, for "dolling up" Presley with "Stella and Dot" jewelry...the necklace provided for hours of entertainment. ;-) We had a great time in San Antonio last week. It was great to just get away and have a change of pace. I was starting to go "stir-crazy" sitting in the house for more than half the day...it's been too hot outside for Presley to really enjoy the outdoors for more than an hour or so. In San Antonio, it seemed as though we were constantly going and it was great fun to visit my friends and family. I wasn't able to see everyone so I will have to go back soon! While in San Antonio, I was finally able to give my dad and Jean their Birthday gift. I made them a digi-scrapbook of their 9 grandchildren. I wanted it to be a memorable book that would last a lifetime and I think they really liked it. I was also able to publish Presley's blog book and I am currently working on finishing up her first year scrapbook. It has taken me quite awhile since I am learning as I go...I have had to go back and redo some of her pages from the first few months because I keep learning new things. We loved being in San Antonio and I took as many pics as I could. It was great for Presley to spend the week in San Antonio because it gave her the opportunity to spend lots of time with family. Presley was a mess the first day! Every time I left the room she would cry because she thought I was going to leave her there, but she did pretty good the rest of the time. By Friday, she was running all over the house and up the stairs! I took a ton of pictures so I will let the photos do the talking...
On Wednesday, we went to my friend Renee's house for a playdate with her two precious girls...Mia & Kendall. Presley was so excited to play with 2 little girls ;-) It was so fun to watch the girls interact together.

Presley saw her great grandma just about every day while we were there! She loves her! My grandma was taking care of my Aunt Mary's cat while they were out of town and Presley LOVED him. This was her first encounter with a cat and she followed him around everywhere and kept giving him kisses on his nose.

Getting a little confused with the ceramic cats on the floor ;-) Grandma giving Presley the last drop of Gatorade...she loved it!
Fun times with Grandpa...Presley loves to do flips, play chase, and roll all over the place.
Riding on the tractor with grandpa...Presley wasn't sure of it at first, but as soon as they started moving she enjoyed it (as long as I was hiding behind the tree & out of sight)
Fun times with her cousins! We swam in the pool almost every day. Reid LOVED to play with the hose in the pool. He thought it was great fun to squirt Ellie and Nana Jean. Can't you just see the excitement written on his face...notice the clutched fist ;-) Oh, the excitement!!!
Mr. Grant growing up so fast! The sweetest and happiest baby around ;-)
Fun times with cousin Ellie ;-) Cousin Ellie was so nice to watch over Presley, let her play with her toys, and help her with snack time.
Saying bye-bye to Nana Jean and San Antonio...we just needed the other 5 grandkids for the pic ;-)

No comments: