Oh goodness, is this week over yet? The fact that it has just started wears me out. On Sunday we woke up to a very clingy, very cranky little girl. Our Sunday started off at church, where Presley was fine, but proved to be "very clingy" to one of the childcare workers in the nursery.
After church we headed up the road to a pumpkin patch in a little town called Lantana. It was $5 a person to get in, but it was very spacious and not crowded at all. When you walk in the entrance you immediately hop on a train, ride around the beautiful grounds, and then get dropped off at the Patch. The pumpkin patch was big, but it wasn't exactly a toddler friendly atmosphere. It was all about Halloween and everything it stands for...ghosts, skeletons, witches, etc. It only had a few "cutesy" decorations that you would actually want to take a picture of your child in front of. I almost called my little sister to tell her "she HAD to bring Reid out to this patch because of the train" However, then I saw everything surrounding us and realized it would be a bad idea...especially with his bad dreams. ;-( Anyhoo, Presley continued to be a total mess at the patch and quite emotional. I think Joey got his first taste of what it was going to be like raising a girl. HA! Anyhow, when we got home we were both thinking that we had suddenly entered into the "terrible twos" or "trying threes" before our due time.
Sunday night, we went to dinner with some friends where Presley was extremely cranky again. I was baffled as to what was going on. All of a sudden, in the midst of my bafflement, she threw up all over the place. And yes, I do deserve the "mother of the year" award...especially since it's pretty plain as day in the pictures above that she is clearly not felling well. Thanks. ;-) The nights seem to be much worse than the afternoons. I am hoping that the worst of this stomach virus is behind us and praying that I don't get it! AND thanks to Sara for all her advice!!
Feeling well enough to have some words with the animals...I didn't have the heart to tell her they weren't real. ;-( By the way, on the other side of this gate there were skeletons hanging from ropes or tied up in cages hanging from the ceiling of the barn. Quite disturbing! She
couldn't see them from here. :-)









4 comments:
Yikes! Hope she feels better soon.
We went to that patch and Marty took pics of Finn there. Apparently it was free last year, so we were surprised when we were charged. I like the spaciousness of it - and the fact that it wasn't crowded at all.
Yeah, we loved the openess of it too and the train ride. As we left we noticed that the left side of the patch was for the younger kids and the right side was probably for the older ones. It's a beautiful piece of property too. I think the train is there year round!
Poor thing!! Hope she's feeling better. The pic of her crying with Joey - ah, so many memories. Like the one of the two of you together!
Oh no!! I'm so sorry your sweet girl was sick. Mine have been sick too but just really congested thankfully no puking! :)
Becca, Presley has to be one of the prettiest little girls I have ever seen! Her eyes are to die for. You need to get some modeling jobs lined up for that girl! ;)
Post a Comment