Monday, October 11, 2010

Enchanted Rock

 For from the top of the rocks I see him, and from the hills I behold him...
Last Sunday we left San Antonio and headed to Enchanted Rock for a few days to do some hiking. We were having beautiful weather and it was the perfect day for being outside. We stayed at the Fredericksburg Inn right off Main Street. It wasn't anything spectacular, but it was right on the river and it was very clean! Sunday night we spent the evening down by the river catching fireflies...haven't done that since I was a kid! Enchanted Rock was just wonderful and Presley absolutely loved hiking. We bought a hiking pack a few months ago and this was the first time we were able to use it. Presley enjoyed being in it and out of it! She did a great job climbing up and down the rock...made her daddy proud! Here are a few pictures on the Rock...
Yes, that's my sassy girl! 
 There were a couple of kids flying a kite when we got to the top...it was windy enough ;-)
I love this...she's so grown up and loves being free to do her own thing
 she was fascinated with the grass
Hiking around the caves 
As Presley would say, "all done"

No comments: