Friday, April 29, 2011

Presley's 2! Part 3: The Gifts, the Food, and the Fam!

Presley's birthday was a hit! She loved every minute of it...especially opening up the gifts! Presley loves to play dress up. She has a whole trunk full of dress up clothes that she has accumulated over the past few months. It is so funny to me that I have a daughter who loves to dress up because I don't ever remember playing dress up....well, not in the same way that my daughter does. My friends and I would dress up in my mom's dresses and her high heel shoes when we were younger, but I don't ever remember having tutus or other dress up clothes.Presley got lots of gifts and dress up items. Her sweet Aunt Elizabeth got her clip on earrings and a princess crown to wear for her birthday. She loved it! Nana Burda got Presley a beautiful princess outfit...complete with rose petals in the lining of the tutu. Presley wants to wear it everyday! She runs around the house in it yelling, "pretty princess, pretty princess." She also got lots of Dora stuff, puzzles, books, and bubbles.

Presley's Pretty Princess Dress ;-)Grandpa Axtell got Presley her much loved purple tricycle. ;-)
Jean and Corbin were so nice to make Presley's cupcakes for her birthday...I think they were a hit ;-)
We just had the most fantastic time during Presley's party and we are so thankful for the sweet family that surrounds us.

3 comments:

Karin said...

I do remember dressing up with you (actually, I remember fitting into your mother's shoes!) - but I don't think either of our moms were really into buying the princess dress up stuff for us, were they? She looks like she had a wonderful time!!

becca said...

I was trying to think about that earlier...and I don't really remember having very many toys, period! Other than our nintendo, a few dolls, stuffed animals, and all of our outside stuff we didn't have a bunch of toys. We had a doll house that we all shared :) but not much else. We were outside swimming or riding bikes!

Karin said...

No doubt! Those are like my main Axtell memories - swimming (and diving for rings) and riding bikes (some would say being sent to my death riding bikes with you, but who need to split hairs here?)! :)