Presley continues to have separation anxiety...some of it's normal because of her age and some of it's due to the mistakes that Joey and I have made along the way. A couple of weeks ago I started "room time" with her. This allows for her to be independently separated from me for 20-30 minutes every day. Her room is completely kid proof and safe for her to walk around in all by herself. I set up the baby monitor so that I am able to see her playing while I am sitting in the living room. I leave her room door open, close the bathroom and guest room doors, and leave the baby gate closed to the living room. Then, I turn on her music and let her go at it. Sometimes, she will come out of her room and run up to the gate to show me something or to check to see if I am still in sight. However, today she listened to the entire cd (about 25 minutes) before coming out. I am hoping that this time alone will help her with her separation anxiety. I have also tried to set up several activities for us to do this fall to keep us sane. :-) We will be doing parent/child classes at Kindermusik and Winkids once a week, and then I will be doing MOPS and a Beth Moore Bible Study once a week while she is in the kid's class...crossing my fingers that all of this will help!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment