Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Grouchy Ladybug

Sara and the fam came over Sunday night to go trick or treating. Presley dressed up as a ladybug. I like to refer to her as the "grouchy ladybug" from the book by Eric Carle...
one of my most favorite children's author ;-) along with Cynthia Rylant! Anyhoo, if you would have heard the screaming that came out of this child's mouth when I put this thing on her you would have named her the SAME thing. Girl's got some lungs on her and we almost didn't make it out of the house in ANY costume.

It's great to have little kids because they were bored and done by house #4. lol. It was still fun! Presley started off great and even followed Reid up to the first house, but it was short lived. The man handing out the candy at the first house we went to was a "stickler" for following Halloween rules. I think he spent half the night showing Reid how to hold his bag and open it up the right way. Grrrr. He also waited for quite awhile to get a response from Presley...she refused to give him the one he wanted. lol. ;-) She cried the rest of the night and wouldn't let go of Joey until the very end.
the nice man that showed Reid how his bag worked! Just put the candy in the bag, dude! sheesh!
Blue and his bone...his "unused" bone ;0)
nothin like a little puppy love. ;-) Although, this little puppy is doin all of the lovin!
I just love this! I used to do the same thing! Right when I got home from a night of trick or treating I would go through all of my candy, lay it out, and count it! They start so young ;-)

1 comment:

merritt said...

She's the cutest grouchy ladybug ever.