Monday, December 6, 2010

A Touch of OCD and a Clean Closet ;-)

Yesterday, I told Joey that for my Christmas gift this year I wanted someone to come in and clean all of the blinds, baseboards, and fans in the house. He wasn't too keen on the idea, but 20 minutes later I found him in our master bathroom cleaning and dusting the light fixtures! I had NO idea what this little cleaning extravaganza was going to lead to, but I should have known that it it was going to be unbelievable. Once he starts something he can't stop...a little aggravating at times, but also great at times too. He always puts 110% into everything he does...no matter what it is. He always helps me out. There are a few things that he "doesn't do"... the kitchen and the bathroom toilets. The only reason I allow him to get away with actually saying "I don't do the kitchen and I don't do the bathroom" is because he does so much more...laundry, ironing, outside work, and vacuuming. He really is a rare find. He was very involved in our wedding and helped pick out the flowers, food, bridesmaid dresses, and decorations. He is pretty much involved in every aspect of our lives. Yesterday afternoon he spent 8 hours cleaning our bedroom, bathroom, and closet. He dusted anything and everything in sight...from the light fixtures to the blinds. He polished the furniture, cleaned out and wiped down the closet, drawers, and cabinets. He cleaned out the closet, did the laundry, re-ironed everything, and then re-organized it. I have really never seen anything like it before. It was like watching my mom work through my husband...lol. My mom used to always tease that her sister, my Aunt Carolyn, put her cleaning to shame. I have to say, my husband put my "spring cleaning" to shame! He still didn't touch the toilet, but that is FINE by me ;-) He started cleaning at 10 am and took two breaks...lunch and dinner. After dinner, he started working his way into the living room by dusting everything on the bookshelf and fireplace mantel. I finally had to tell him to stop! He finally sat down at 9:00 to watch a little t.v. :-) As I got into bed (I love clean sheets!) I heard him rustling around in the closet. I walked in to find him spacing out the hangers...really? I think we might have a touch of OCD, but that's ok.....I still love him. ;-) This morning he said, "I just want to take a picture of our closet" so that's what I did! :-)
I tried helping out by re-organizing my clothes and shoes while Presley napped, but when I came back in he had re-organized my shoes to look like this....hmmmm.

Our wonderful hangers so nicely and evenly spaced ;-)

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

He's thinking....Why am I going to pay someone to do that when I can do it for free? lol

momofcooper said...

the evenly spaced hangers are cracking me up!!

Karin said...

LOL!! Go Joey - what a find!

Jill Rutland said...

LOVE IT!! Can you hire him out??!!

merritt said...

Wow. Very impressive. My dad totally does this - only he doesn't do my mom's side of the closet. :) Does it still look like that a few days later?

becca said...

@ Merritt...it still looks like that a month later ;-) It's amazing how motivated he is to keep stuff clean when HE is the one who cleaned it because it would not still be that way had I been the one who cleaned and organized it!