Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Update
Some of you have been asking about an update concerning all of the blood work I had done a few weeks ago. I got a call from my dr today that said everything came back normal...I do not have any blood clotting disorders. I get the feeling that my dr does not like things to go "unanswered." She likes to have answers for everything. Anyhow, she has decided to send me to a Perinatologist for pre-conceptual counseling because of my miscarriages, ovarian pregnancy, and the ocular occlusion in my retina. In my mind, I think that the blood clot in my eye was just caused by the prometrium (progesterone) that I was on. One of the very rare side effects of being on prometrium is blood clots in the eye....to me, that explains it. However, I think that Dr. Flower's is concerned that the hormonal changes that comes with pregnancy is causing my body to create blood clots, but there is no testing for that. I understand her concern and I guess I have some concern as well, but isn't that the case with every woman who becomes pregnant...pregnancy increases the chances of having blood clots. Right? So, for now we will wait until we talk to the Perinatologist and weigh the risks of pregnancy....which in my mind, are about the same as any other woman. ;o) She wants me to stay on my baby aspirin because my eye (and my body) has responded very well to it and women often use it when trying to conceive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Thanks for including me on your update. So glad things came back fine even though it leaves some questions unanswered for your doc. Will continue to pray.
I love your background and header! SO cute.
Thanks for the update, Bex. Love you!
That is all wonderful news to hear! PTL you have a Dr. that is concerned about you and wants to set you guys up with the best chances available! I'm sure there are some out there that wouldn't be giving such sound advice! BTW love all of the clips and LOL at the teacher box comments :) Kinley is lucky mommy still has hers at school! :)
Post a Comment