
So, I know this is my 3rd blog post of the day, but I have to write this down before I forget! Yesterday was our Kindermusik Christmas Party and it was also, what I like to call, the battle of the food day between mommy and Presley. Just within the past month Presley has become more independent. She doesn't like for me to brush her teeth, brush her hair, feed her with a spoon, or break up her food into bight sized pieces....she can do it herself! She even feeds "Goose" on her own now.Yesterday was one of those days that started off rough. Everything was a "battle" from the moment she woke up. I know I've blogged about Presley's new found love for cookies before and how they can affect her little personality when she eats more than one. At the Christmas Party we had a book exchange and refreshments...mainly cookies! For the book exchange, Presley received a lovely book called,
If you Give a Mouse a Cookie. As soon as she opened the book she said, "cookie!" I think she repeated herself at least half a dozen times in the span of 30 seconds. Thankfully, we had refreshments a few minutes after the book exchange. I must admit that the cookies looked delicious and so I grabbed 2...one for me and one for Presley. I sat down on the ground with Presley, laid out two napkins, put a few "crumbs" on one napkin and put what was left on the second napkin...thinking it would be FOR ME ;-) Presley was not amused! While I was talking to a friend sitting next to me Presley managed to swipe the bulk of the cookies. grrrrr. She left the crumbs for me as she quickly stuffed the bigger pieces in her mouth. I should have known better. We left shorty after we had our "refreshments." Of course, Presley proceeded to ask for "more cookies" over and over again. On our way home, I stopped at Rosa's to get us some bean and cheese tacos knowing that I needed to have something on hand that Presley would eat. I knew from experience that
if you give Presley a cookie she will refuse to eat ANYTHING else for the remainder of the day. After her cookie bash during Thanksgiving she refused to eat anything I put in front of her until the next day when we had Mexican food for dinner. So I was thinking that I was being a smart mom by stopping and getting Rosa's for lunch. UMMM...not so much. As soon as we got home I gave Presley her lunch...it consisted of a banana, a glass of milk, and a bean and cheese taco. She ate 1/2 of a banana and then continued on her rant of "cookie, cookie, cookie." I politely told her that there were no more cookies and she needed to eat her lunch. She proceeded to scream, yell, and cry. She flat out REFUSED to eat. I stood my ground though, and she went to bed at 1:00 with only milk and 1/2 of a banana in her tummy. She has always been a fairly good eater. She doesn't always like everything I give her, which is fine, but at least she always tries everything I put in front of her. However, on this day, she was just being stubborn and relentless...testing me I am sure. Anyhow, after a 3 hour nap and an empty tummy she woke up pretty hungry. So, what did I do? I reheated the extra bean and cheese taco that was left over from lunch. I provided nothing else for her. I will tell you that the look she gave me was priceless...she was not amused! We sat there for 25 minutes...no t.v., no dogs to eat her crumbs, and no mommy sitting next to her at the table (I was on the couch). 25 minutes in, I FINALLY saw her slowly reach for a bite...bringing it close to her mouth and then quickly pulling it away, bringing it close then quickly pulling it away again. She stuck her tongue out and dipped the piece of taco onto her tongue...as if she had never had one before! FINALLY, she took a bite and then ate the ENTIRE taco....looking over her shoulder all the while to make sure I wasn't watching. She really didn't want me to know that she had folded. Mommy-3 Presley-0 ;-)
5 comments:
Awesome! Way to stick with it, Bex!
oh, it was a beat down,,,;-/
i love it!! way to go mama Becca!! super proud of you and love the whole sticking her tongue out to taste it!!
Man, this made me laugh. Finn's totally going to do the same thing to me!
ROFL that is HILARIOUS & i can totally see her little expressions!!!
Post a Comment