Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Apple Butter Obsession

This is my newest obsession...Apple Butter. It is organic, real, unsweetened, and a little bit goes a long way. I picked it up at Sprout's Local Farmer's Market in Flower Mound. It is divine. I put it on everything...bananas, strawberries, toast, waffles, sweet potatoes, etc. You name it and it goes on there. I'm not sure why I love it so much, but for the past few days I have not been able to put it down ;-) and the best part, Presley LOVES it too.
I found a book in my collection of cookbooks the other day called, Eat Your Way to Happiness. The author was on the Today Show a few summers ago and she really appealed to me...I must have been in a very bad mood that day or just wanting to change my attitude about something. lol. It is a diet book, but I don't use it for the "diet" part of it. I use it because it is all about eating "real foods." Basically, it says that 75% of your daily food intake should come from "real foods." So, that is what I have been trying to do...incorporate "real foods" into our daily diets. I think it will be fun to try and I am hoping that it will make me feel better...more energy would be nice! ;-)

Take a peek at these cooking blogs...
annies-eats
joythebaker
smellslikehome
confectionsofafoodieBride This one cracks me up because the blog does not fit the couple. Apparently, this blog is quite the "buzz" in the food blogging world.

Love this RECIPE...it looks delish!
smittenkitchen Can you tell I am on a strawberry kick right now????

3 comments:

merritt said...

Someone gave us apple butter about a month ago, and you inspired me to try it on my waffle this morning! :) It was good. I don't think I'll be an addict like you are, but it was quite tasty. Thanks!

Karin said...

Just found a recipe for making your own apple butter - doesn't look too hard!! May have to give it a try since the jar at the store was HUMONGOUS and I've never tried it before, so I want to start small...

becca said...

yummmm....try it out, post it, and let me know ;-) I bet it would be really good with picked apples from the summer/fall months!