Tuesday, January 25, 2011

No Update

So, I don't have much to update on. I want to thank all of you for your phone calls, texts, and encouraging emails. I am sorry that I am unable to give you more concrete news. Basically, my blood levels were a bit low last week. There could be several reasons for this so I don't want to make any "predictions" as to why. My Dr basically said, ".... You are so early in your pregnancy that it's hard to put too much weight on your numbers." To give you an idea of how "early" I was...my menstrual period wasn't due until Thursday and I got blood work and a positive pregnancy test on Wednesday and again on Friday. So basically I will be getting more blood work done. I will say, I have not had pregnancy symptoms since Friday afternoon. Not that I will put too much weight on that either because I didn't have symptoms with Presley until I was 6 weeks pregnant. However, I did have some symptoms last week (part of why I suspected I was pregnant) that I do not have any more. BUT I am still showing a positive pregnancy test...HCG levels have to be above 21 to show a positive home pregnancy test. SO, other than being completely exhausted, I am not noticing any other symptoms. Many of you have asked about a sonogram. It is way too soon to see anything on a sonogram. When I had my ectopic pregnancy and went in for a Sonogram at 5 1/2 weeks they were unable to see anything...they basically speculated that I had an ectopic. So, we play the waiting game...very frustrating! I will let you know more as soon as I hear. ;-)

3 comments:

Karin said...

Thanks for the update - was just about to email you...

Unknown said...

Best of luck to you...frustrating for sure...but certainly still early "happy thoughts coming your way!!"

merritt said...

Praying for you and your baby. I know how hard it is not to worry all the time when you've had a loss.