Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Presley, Happy Jesus

For the longest time I have been trying to get Presley to understand her "feelings". When she is happy I tell her that she is happy, when she is sad I tell her that she is sad, and when she is mad I tell her that she is mad. I have several books that explain feelings and show their facial expressions. For quite sometime now she has been able to communicate to me when she is happy. Whenever she feels happy she will wrap her arms around herself, as if she is giving herself a big hug, and say "hoppy." Now that she is older, I try to get her to realize when she is not happy. I always say, "a happy Presley makes a happy Jesus, and a happy Jesus makes a happy mommy." I guess I have said it quite a few times within the past few weeks because the other day while we were driving I looked in the rear view mirror and saw a huge smile on Presley's face. I said, "Presley, are you happy"? All of a sudden she says..."hoppy Pessey, hoppy Jesus." ;-)