Thursday, March 17, 2011

Presley and Some Thoughts About Next Year

Before my miscarriage, I was in the process of finding Presley a preschool to attend 2 days a week starting in the fall. We were looking at Lakeland Christian Academy and Trietsch Enrichment Center in Flower Mound. However, now that I have thought about it I have decided that I will most likely just work with her at home and look into preschools for when she turns 3. I will definitely keep our current weekly routine and activities the same for next year. I will continue in MOPS and Bible Study at Crossroads Bible Church which will allow for her to attend the moppets and bible study class twice a week. We will also continue Kindermusik and Winkids. She loves these classes and it gives me time to practice "circle time" with her. I like to guide her towards participating during circle time and these 2 activities give me the opportunity to do that. I am basically "thinking out loud" right now. ;-) If Joey and I are blessed with another baby then Presley will be a nice 3+ years old. I imagine that this will make it a bit more easy on me, but who knows??

Anyhow, I have been under the weather this week with a horrible cough and sinus infection. I am finally starting to feel better today! Poor Presley just sat on the couch and watched tv or played in her room with "Goosey Goo" while I laid on the couch all week...falling in and out of sleep. eeek! I felt like such a neglectful parent. Joey stayed home one day and came home early when he could, but he has just taken way too many days off of work within the past few months! Our 2011 hasn't exactly started off that great so hopefully the rest of it will get better....or maybe we can just fast forward to 2012! ha!

On another note, here's a little website I like to peek in on from time to time. It has a bunch of printables and some cute activities for little ones. kizclub.com
Handwriting Without Tears...This is a great handwriting program that I love, love, love. It has such a great hands on approach to learning handwriting skills and I like that it focuses on fine motor skills as the basis of learning to write. It teaches number and letter recognition, color and shape awareness, and counting abilities. It also has a great pre-k program that doesn't seem to be overwhelming or frustrating for little ones.

No comments: