Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Art of Pouting


Let’s just take a moment to talk about the art of pouting and the fact that my 15 month old daughter has mastered it. I really have no idea where she got it or picked it up from. Although a friend of mine would disagree with me on this, but I really do not ever remember pouting when I was young. I think I may have tried, but found that instead of working, it actually annoyed my dad. Which I think is what caused me to become more of a verbal pouter…whining, pleading, and begging. Regardless, MY daughter has mastered the art of silent pouting. I’m not sure when she will pick up on the fact that her voiceless pouting works a bit better on her father, but for now, she is testing the waters with whoever will look her way. Last night, Presley was getting ready to get into something she was not supposed to and Joey told her no. She immediately turned around and walked back to him. He looked at me in awe and said, “she is so awesome.” I looked at him and said, “yeah, your welcome.” Let me just take this moment, again, to remind you of a little post I wrote about 2 months ago. I am pretty sure I was in great distress over the fact that my child would not listen to the word no, would cry every time I removed a toy from her, and would kick and scream every time we left WinKids or any other fun activity for that matter. I am pretty sure that I went in search for ideas on how to discipline a 13 month old child and exhausted every possible solution. I read new books, re-read old books, searched the internet, and asked all of my mommy friends for advice. To me, a bad behavior is just a challenge waiting to be tackled….let’s just say it comes from teaching. My husband (and my former principal) calls me the master manipulator…which actually sounds bad, but I’ve decided to take it as a compliment. Lol ;-) I am pretty sure this gift, again I chose to believe this to be a great gift, Ha, was inherited from my father. Although, if my husband wants to think our daughter is “awesome” than who am I to take that away from her. She is pretty awesome. ;-)
This would be the look I got after she put the rock in her mouth and I told her no
this is the look I got after I told her no, took the rock from her hand, and gave her the duck instead
And this is the look I got after she saw me put the rock up on the table
And this would be why her hair looks the way it does ;-)

No comments: