Putting on Nana Jean's bracelets..
Early Sunday morning Joey and I went to Roanoke to buy fireworks for the kids. I always remembered doing fireworks as a kid so we thought it would be great fun to get some for all the kiddos... especially now that they are at the age where they can really enjoy them. I had to follow Joey around the store to remind him that we were there for the kids and we needed to focus on "kid friendly" fireworks. ;-) hee-hee! Presley was fussing at one point and he made the suggestion that I go wait in the car with her and he'd finish up real quick...ummmm, I was quick to turn down that offer. ;-) We left with tanks, chickens, snakes, glow worms, colored smoke balls, giant colored sparklers, snap poppers, and a few others that Joey snuck in...jumping jacks, and black cats which still sit upon our counter. ;-) Sneaky Man! Later that afternoon we headed over to Sara's house and had a great time! We started off the afternoon with pool time and some fun in the sprinklers.
Brian was the grill man again ;-) He is a great cook and made delicious fajitas. yummm!!! Presley doesn't usually like meat, but she loved Uncle Brian's grilled chicken...probably because it wasn't processed. ;-) ha ha!
Corbin, Cousin Ellie, and Reid
We also celebrated cousin Logan's birthday who will turn a year old this July 15th! I still remember all of the events that unfolded the day he was born. I remember the fear on my sister's face (and her husband's). I saw them reach out in complete faith by putting their hope in the One who heals. Little Logan has come so far and he is doing great...beating the odds daily. Logan was a little overwhelmed by all the chaos, but he enjoyed all his new toys. It's amazing how fast these little ones grow!Ah mom...do I have to wear this thing on my head!
Yay...A new toy!!!
We ended the evening with snakes, tanks, and sparklers...oh my!
We ended the evening with snakes, tanks, and sparklers...oh my!
this would be a NON kid friendly fire work ;-)
Grandpa doin his thing
snakes everywhere...great childhood memories ;-)
A Sparkler Parade ;-)
The fourth of July ended, but the weekend continued ;-) Joey had Monday off so we headed over to Elizabeth's house in the morning for Grandpa's pancake breakfast. After breakfast, we all went to the neighborhood Spray Park. Presley loves the water and pretty much has no fear! She absolutely loved the spray park! It was a fantastic weekend and I was completely worn out come Monday night....probably what helped spur on my migraine that night ;-( grrrr.


No comments:
Post a Comment