....a virtue. Patience is the companion of wisdom. Patience is the art of hoping. Patience is the state of endurance under difficult circumstances. Patience is waiting in line for hours just to spend a moment of time on a rock!
We’ve all been there once or twice, maybe a few more than that even. We’ve stood in line for hours just for the thrill of a ride that lasts no more than 45 seconds. Of course, I have always found that the ride has never been well worth the wait! A few weeks ago, we went to an Independence Day celebration at our church in Grapevine. My nephew, Corbin, tagged along with Sara and Brian. As soon as we walked out the doors of the church, Corbin saw a rock wall in the distance that apparently had his name written all over it. When Corbin popped into line, I’m not sure he completely grasped how long of a wait it would be. I don’t think he ever caught on to the fact that there were 20 kids in front of him and that each child was taking 5-10 minutes to get up and down the wall…time must not exist in the minds of little ones because he waited and waited and waited. He waited in the muddy field that housed the wall, he waited through the fireworks, and he was still waiting when we left. In fact, had it not been for this picture I think I would have assumed he was still waiting. I think we were all amazed at the patience of this little guy. I hope the climb was well worth the wait, Corbin.


No comments:
Post a Comment