This little guy is our one lonely Christmas decoration of the year :-( and the only reason he is out is because he was never put away last year. I just tucked him away in the book case he sits upon. I have had a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year and I am not sure why. I don’t know if it is because of everything that we have been doing with the Brain Tumor Society or because I have begun working on my mom’s scrapbook, but whatever the reason, ‘tis not the season to be jolly for me! Last year, I was all about Christmas…I created scrapbooks, had our house decorated, tree up, Christmas CDs made and playing throughout the house by November 1st. I have just been struggling a lot lately. Last night I thought to myself, “what is this non-christmasy funk that I am in”? This morning, I was blog hopping and trying to catch up on everyone’s newly updated blogs and came across my little sister’s best friend's blog. Kristin's mom was my mom’s best friend for several years and Sara & Kristin were inseparable growing up. They were pretty much best friends right out of the womb. Kristin has had some challenging times this past year, but through it all she has forged on in complete trust and faith in our Lord Jesus. What a great testimony she is. I popped on her blog real quick, she is a stay-at-home-mom to 5 kiddos and a wonderful photographer. I love to take a peek at her pictures because she captures such sweet moments and there is so much to be said in just one picture…always a story behind each photo. Well, as I took a look at her blog, I read through one post titled...‘tis the season to make some memories. I took one look at the Christmas tree they decorated this year and fell to pieces. It was truly such a blessing to see the captured moments of her heart lining the very tree that would stand before them for the next month. What a great reminder to what the Christmas season is all about...family memories and the birth of Jesus! If I could, I would plaster a picture of her tree on every Christmas website and blog. ;-) Take a look at her beautiful heartfelt tree by clicking HERE. hope she doesn’t mind me sharing this! :-)
Thursday, December 2, 2010
A Memorable Tree
This little guy is our one lonely Christmas decoration of the year :-( and the only reason he is out is because he was never put away last year. I just tucked him away in the book case he sits upon. I have had a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year and I am not sure why. I don’t know if it is because of everything that we have been doing with the Brain Tumor Society or because I have begun working on my mom’s scrapbook, but whatever the reason, ‘tis not the season to be jolly for me! Last year, I was all about Christmas…I created scrapbooks, had our house decorated, tree up, Christmas CDs made and playing throughout the house by November 1st. I have just been struggling a lot lately. Last night I thought to myself, “what is this non-christmasy funk that I am in”? This morning, I was blog hopping and trying to catch up on everyone’s newly updated blogs and came across my little sister’s best friend's blog. Kristin's mom was my mom’s best friend for several years and Sara & Kristin were inseparable growing up. They were pretty much best friends right out of the womb. Kristin has had some challenging times this past year, but through it all she has forged on in complete trust and faith in our Lord Jesus. What a great testimony she is. I popped on her blog real quick, she is a stay-at-home-mom to 5 kiddos and a wonderful photographer. I love to take a peek at her pictures because she captures such sweet moments and there is so much to be said in just one picture…always a story behind each photo. Well, as I took a look at her blog, I read through one post titled...‘tis the season to make some memories. I took one look at the Christmas tree they decorated this year and fell to pieces. It was truly such a blessing to see the captured moments of her heart lining the very tree that would stand before them for the next month. What a great reminder to what the Christmas season is all about...family memories and the birth of Jesus! If I could, I would plaster a picture of her tree on every Christmas website and blog. ;-) Take a look at her beautiful heartfelt tree by clicking HERE. hope she doesn’t mind me sharing this! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I think that Sara and Kristen might just be as creative as mom and Claire.
I miss her too... so much!
What a special bond Sara and Kristen have....she was there by Sara's side through so much, as was her mom. Praying for Kristen during these hard times. :)
wow! that is a truly amazing idea! and i think i will lift her idea for next year!
Just so ya know I have plenty of days as the one you described. :-) Thanks for the encouragment. I hope you have a great month celebrating the birth of our Savior and the precious ones He placed in your life.
Post a Comment