Have you noticed that couponing seems to be the newest thing around? Last October, our MOPS group had a guest speaker who talked about Couponing and since then I feel like its been everywhere....there is even a new show on TLC called, "Extreme Couponing." I must admit that I was never a big "couponer" until Presley was born, and even then, I do not use coupons nearly as much as I should. We belong to Groupon, which I love. I also have a coupon organizer that I bought several years ago, but I don't coupon enough to actually use it....and that's about as far as my couponing goes. ;-) I always find that when I go grocery shopping with the intent on using a coupon I either forget the coupon in the car or I find a different brand that is cheaper anyways. When I lived in San Antonio, HEB pretty much ran the show and put all other grocery store chains out of business. There's no Krogers, no Albertsons, no Safeway, etc. Over the holidays I ran to the grocery store to pick up some diapers and I have to say that HEB has become massive! It is bigger than Costco. In Dallas, we have several grocery stores to choose from and they all have their own brand name which are usually significantly cheaper than any other brand...even when using a coupon. Anyhow, a friend of mine is HUGE on couponing and she sent me to the following blogs:
http://moneysavingmom.com/
http://athriftymom.com/
http://www.stretchingabuckblog.com/
http://www.commonsensewithmoney.com/
The first 3 are connected and they have some great deals...deals that even generic brands can't beat! I really only follow the first blog and I'm still not a big coupon person (I get tired of signing up for everything) but even I can't pass up a great deal! Thankfully, I have two email accounts...I have an old hotmail account that I use for spam and a gmail account that I use for personal use. I always give my hotmail account when someone, other than a friend, asks me for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I tried to get into couponing and I decided it takes more work than I am willing to put in. I didn't know about the TV show, but some of these ladies are crazy in their couponing skills.
Oh - and I totally have an alternate email address, too. I made it specifically for shopping and spam. :)
Post a Comment